Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Struggle to Stay Awake

Outside my window... Once again the blinds are closed since the sun has gone down. Eastern cottontails and song birds (especially robins) frequent my yard, but today my attention was directed indoors.

I am thinking... that it has been an uneventful day.


I am thankful... for meals that are quickly & easily prepared. I ate blueberry-hazelnut oatmeal (my impromptu variation of Quinoa Porridge with Blueberries and Pecans) this morning (3 minutes in a very large bowl in the microwave using old-fashioned oats) & a sardine sandwich and an apple for dinner. Despite their reputation, sardines really do taste good! No lunch-- a handful of Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips instead. Bad decision, I know, but I was too tired to care.

In the kitchen... Despite last night's grand plans, the kitchen is in roughly the same condition as yesterday. The trash is a little fuller and will be rather aromatic by tomorrow morning thanks to the empty sardine can.

I am wearing... the same pajamas I wore last night. In fact, I wore them all day. Too little sleep triggered a headache and difficulty keeping my eyes open. I spent most of the day sitting in my recliner in my knitting room with my DVD player and laptop going. I did launder a load of towels.

I am creating... a mansion, composed of Pinterest photos. When I was a teenager I thought would grow up to be wealthy. Now I know better! I've been recording my likes and preferences for design and decor in images with captions as if the collection would actually matter. My mansion has a conservatory and lush, well-tended gardens and grounds (porch, fire pit, fountain, a tunnel of wisteria-covered arches, etc.). The kitchen has a separate pantry stocked with the additional cooking and baking ingredients I need. Everything is beautiful, including the laundry room-- and magically clean! Such are my fantasies. ;-)

I am going... to bed soon, and I'm very happy about that!!!

I am wondering... when I'll get around to watching Under the Tuscan Sun, my current Netflix DVD. I'm usually very prompt about watching so that I'll have the opportunity to mail the disc back and receive the next item in my queue.I am reading... nothing still. If I'd had the energy, I could have stopped by the library; it's only a couple minutes drive from my house.


I am hoping... to feel better tomorrow after a good night's sleep.


I am looking forward to... getting some tasks crossed off my to do list. I hate when the unfinished hangs over my head.


I am hearing... insects' bodies clicking against the window. The moths are drawn to the indoor light even with the blinds closed. Sometimes I sing a fragment of song to them, "You keep on knockin' but you can't come in..." I am also half-watching The Guns of Navarone as I type. I love Gregory Peck and Anthony Quinn. Actually, David Niven is great too. (As actors-- I don't know anything about their personal lives.)


Around the house... all is about the same as yesterday since I did little.I am pondering... which pictures to share today.


One of my favorite things... is waking up refreshed though it doesn't happen nearly as often as I'd like.


A few plans for the rest of the week: chores and errands and paperwork... but I will try to get to the library shortly. I'd like to pick up Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass. It's the first in the Body Farm series. I've never read any of the author's works and might not like them, but I'd like to find out. The trouble is that the library's catalog says there's a copy though in person, there isn't. I should opt for Interlibrary Loan to avoid the expense of purchasing. That's what I'll do-- good idea! ;-)



This journal entry is part of The Simple Woman's Daybook project.

No comments:

Post a Comment