Monday, August 8, 2011

Peace and Quiet

Outside my window... the sun is shining now; the thunderstorm has ceased for the present.


I am thinking... that the mail should be here soon. It’s usually delivered between 3:30 and 5:00 pm.


I am thankful... for the chance to take it slow today. I slept tons yesterday due to a headache and slept again overnight, but I still feel drowsy and lame-brained.


In the kitchen... I made Cherry-Almond Oatmeal for breakfast and tuna salad to eat on saltines for lunch. For dinner, I’m thinking Lentil Salad using a cucumber from my garden.


I am wearing... my pajamas. I haven’t dressed for the day yet, and since it’s nearly 3 pm already, it’s doubtful that I will. I love pajamas; they are the comfiest clothes.


I am creating... an awesome recipe collection and perhaps a cookbook someday. At this moment I have almost 1,900 recipes on my ZipList account, a portion of which I’ve tried and approved and others that seem worth making at some point. On my Delicious account, I keep a record of and tag the “keepers” although only the ones from public sources may be viewed. (I have also typed up some of my favorite recipes from my cookbooks to have on hand in digital format, but I don’t share those out of respect for the authors’ labor.)


I am going... to push my errands back a day: the fingerprinting and the TB test. It mightn’t be wise, but the delay better fits my energy level.


I am wondering... if other people have watched the movie or read the book Under the Tuscan Sun and how they would rate them. I just watched the movie and though some of the values did not line up with mine, I enjoyed the gentleness and the humor of the movie. And of course, the vistas of the region. Florence was my favorite of Italy’s cities that we visited during my childhood. Good memories.


I am reading... I finished Carved in Bone and will go on to the next in the series, Flesh and Bone, as soon as I can stop by the library again to borrow it. In the meantime, here’s a list of the nonfiction I’m skimming through:
  1. Southern Living The Half-Hour Hostess
  2. Christmas with Southern Living 2010
  3. Doodle Stitching
  4. Magazines: Knit ‘n Style, Taste of Home, Family Circle, Southern Living
I am hoping... to be more energetic and productive tomorrow.


I am looking forward to... fall, my second favorite of the seasons. I love when the weather gets chilly and windy and seeing all the glorious colors of the leaves against blue skies.


I am hearing... the end credit music of In Harm’s Way, the ticking of a clock, and the a/c running.


Around the house... I ran the “hand wash” pans through the dishwasher without soap after giving them a cursory scrubbing by hand. Now I need to empty and reload the dishwasher to get all the dishes clean.


I am pondering... what movie to put on next for background noise. I think I’ll go for Rio Bravo.


One of my favorite things... is peace and quiet. Luckily, I’m stocking up on both today. ;-)


A few plans for the rest of the week: Back to errands. I should also plan some meals so I know what produce to shop for at the grocery store.


This journal entry is part of The Simple Woman's Daybook project.

No comments:

Post a Comment