Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bringing Order to Life

I've been busy at home since my vacation. I need to get fully moved in, unpacking all my boxes, putting my stuff where it belongs, and getting rid of clutter.

So far, I've worked on more basic chores and errands. I cleaned the kitchen, did quite a bit of laundry, set up regular lawn mowing for the season, and picked up my new glasses and prescription sunglasses.

I also have more gardening to do. I planted my annual flowers, green beans, cucumbers, and cilantro, but I need to plant my squash. The problem is space and support. I've got potting soil and some containers, but probably not enough-- another raised bed would come in handy now. However, I'm going to restrain myself, even if I have to refrain from planting some of the seeds I purchased. If I don't want to exhaust myself and my bank account, there has to be a limit. Next year is time enough to add more beds if it seems necessary.

On a different topic, I have to say the flooding in Nashville makes my heart sink. Thankfully the number of lives lost were few. I know other places in the world have been harder hit by flooding in recent years, but the difference is that I've been to Nashville. I have some sense of what it looks like under ordinary circumstances; to see places like the Opryland hotel submerged in muddy water is really sad. I can't imagine having to clean that mess up or deal with the damages and repairs over the next months and beyond-- ugh!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment