Thursday, April 29, 2010

On the Way Home

It's EARLY in the morning, but I'm awake. My aunt and uncle are sleeping in one bedroom. My dad is snoring on the couch hide-a-bed with Mom in the living area. I'm propped against my bed's headboard waiting until a decent hour for breakfast so I don't interrupt the sleep of others.

Yesterday, I skipped out on the waterway taxi because I was pooped. I napped and showered while everyone else was out. I did get to socialize with my aunt and uncle over dinner and afterwards in our suite. Plus, some of us took a final walk on the beach with the full moon shining down on the water. Lovely. I was marveling again at how awesome the Bahamaian sand was, and my dad came up with a good description-- he said that sand is like powdered sugar and regular beach sand is granular like ordinary sugar.

I'm mostly packed up except for a few items I will use this morning. Today we fly back to Kentucky. I'm eager to see my garden and harvest some radishes. Hope all is doing well-- I know we've had some wild weather during my absence.

It will finally be time to plant the seeds that need frost-free weather. I'm going to try to get it done quickly since thunderstorms are predicted in the coming days.

I will miss the ocean, but it's been a good trip, and I'm also looking forward to the comforts of home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:SE 12th St,Pompano Beach,United States

2 comments:

  1. Well, it seems I've missed your entire trip. I just caught up on a week's worth of reading. Sounds like a fabulous time and I always say it's good to get away and great to get back. Welcome Home. I saw a piano for sale at the Gently Used Furniture store in town, there were actually two, one was $995 but there was one for I think $250.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll definitely have to check into the pianos-- thanks for the heads up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete