Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Bahamas

We were only on the island for about 3 hours-- as our taxi driver Denyse said, "It's a teaser." Still, it gave us the opportunity to see how beautiful their beaches are-- turquoise water and the softest, whitest sand I've ever felt or seen-- amazing! Even Hawaii didn't have sand like that!

The people are sweet, and the women are strong in heart. The shopping was too touristy for my taste, but I'd love to stay a week on one of the islands. It was interesting to consider how the people make a living given their circumstances and how many goods must be imported. Expensive!

Dinner on the boat was good, and the moon shining on the water and the blowing wind were gorgeous, but we were ready to get home and unwind. We watched a movie in one of the lounges while music from the dance floor below throbbed and vibrated around us. We went through customs at 12:50am-- one heck of a long day!

My aunt and uncle are coming to visit today and want to take the water taxis through the intercoastal waterways of the area, but I don't know that I've got the umph to join them. I've had only 6 hours of sleep for two nights in a row. My big ambition for today is to shower and clean up. I last saw my relatives a few years ago at a family reunion. I'd like to spend some time with them, but I'm also headachy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:SE 12th St,Pompano Beach,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment