Friday, April 23, 2010

Vacation Begins!

I got up on time yesterday because I needed to get packed for a Fort Lauderdale vacation. My parents were going to pick me up at 1:15pm. We'd drive to the Lexington airport and take a nonstop flight. But I still needed to do a load of laundry before I could pack my clothes!

Well, I got the important things done with time to spare. I didn't leave my house in mint condition, but the dishes were washed and the trash put outside, so it was good enough.

I hate flying-- I'm not afraid (a bit nervous, but given all the air accidents in the past years, I think that's rational)-- but the takeoff and landing make my stomach woozy. Luckily, the plane wasn't full, and we were able to spread out a little-- it's still not much leg room though. I snoozed on the flight and felt better for it.

We weren't able to do much upon arrival except get our rental car, drive to our hotel, and eat dinner at a pizza place right across from the beach. We did venture onto the sand to look at the ocean after dinner-- it smelled briney and stretched out forever-- but it was already dark, and since they don't allow camping on the beach, it was time to get settled into our hotel suite for the night.

We were only staying at that hotel for one night-- it was a lovely suite: two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, a kitchenette, a dining room, and a balcony. It would be easy to live in this home away from home just seven miles from the airport.

Today we're headed to Pompano where we'll have accomodations for the week. We can't check in until later in the day, so that will give us the opportunity to hang out in Fort Lauderdale for as long as we desire.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment