Friday, April 9, 2010

Finally Better

I've had a run of difficult days with cramps, headaches, drowsiness, aches and fatigue. I had to get to a doctor's appointment fairly early yesterday which helped me to get my rear in gear. I did get an adjustment to my medication which allows me to pay far less for one of them in exchange for taking pills twice a day instead of once. Good news!

Unfortunately, I had missed a dose of that medication (all out and waiting on doc for authorization), and it has such a short half life that I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms. So there I was crying on the way home from moodiness and feeling so bad, and my jaw muscles were so tense that my teeth were chattering though I wasn't cold. I went straight to the pharmacy for a refill, straight home for water to swallow my medication, and shortly began to feel better.

While at the pharmacy, I bought the local newspaper because the headlining story was about a woman who'd been arrested and jailed overnight for disorderly conduct in defense of deer. I have waited on that woman at the library and can confidently say that she is a strange and sometimes hostile person. She seems to hate Kentucky, so I'm not sure why she continues to reside here-- obligations? financial restrictions? sheer stubbornness? I believe that she needs mental health assistance, but I'm sure she would be offended at the mere suggestion-- she sees herself as normal and everyone else as deficient. I have seen her be charming and funny on at least one occasion, and it saddens me to see her spin her wheels and burden the community with imaginary issues. Life sure is complicated and amazing sometimes.

I took a walk in the late afternoon while my dinner baked and snapped this picture. I think the photo aptly captures my feelings about the last few days and my desire for something better for ailing people in this world. I've titled it "A Break in the Gloom". If I were a professional photographer and selling my work, I'd donate the proceeds to some mental health organization that is successfully impacting people's lives. But since I'm not, enjoy the photo. ;-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment