Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Photo Session

I had to nap about 3 hours in the middle of the day. I feel much better now-- so much so, that I can't really focus on Jesus' crucifixion in the heavy way that some Christians seem to be doing. (I am thinking particularly of something I heard on the radio that didn't sit well with me.)

I am deeply grateful for the love and forgiveness of God, but I'm so caught up in all this new spring life. I don't think He requires that heaviness either. I find NO contradiction in calling this GOOD Friday. He paid a heavy price, but it was one He paid willingly and gladly. Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus, "for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." If He hadn't paid that price, where would I be now? I needed it, He did it, and it's okay to rejoice in His love and goodness and power.

I had to do an errand today, and afterwards I went on a photo spree around town. I've been seeing some beautiful blooms as I've driven around, but today, I STOPPED and tried to capture some of it. So, what follows is my little "photo essay". (Now, I just need some dogwood and redbud photos.) Hope you enjoy! ;-)

Tulip Magnolia





My favorite-- The color restores my soul!

Star Magnolia

Magnolia - Not particularly spring-y, but I love its form.

Forsythia-- a golden fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment