Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy Day

I've got someone coming to mow today, thanks to my Mom's arranging, so I need to prep the yard a bit. I have to rope off the area where the tulips are growing, trim the excess weed fabric from the remaining bed, and remove the netting for the moment-- I don't want him entangling himself or his equipment in the portion puddling over the sides of the bed. Plus, I may not be at home to give directions or warnings when he arrives. This will be the first mowing of the season, and the yard sorely needs it. There's a 30% chance of showers though, and it does look a little cloudy and dark. Hope it gets done.

I have an appointment with an optometrist. It's been 3 years since my last checkup. I need new glasses that aren't so fragile, and then I'll have the current ones for backup. I also need prescription sunglasses. I've never purchased any before because of the expense, but I think it will be a worthwhile investment in headache prevention.

It's also my Mom's birthday, and I am planning to bake Molten Lava Cakes and take them to her. I first made them earlier in the year (January maybe? Before I started this blog). They are wonderful and surprisingly easy to make. I have to find my recipe though; it's buried in an avalanche of papers in my knitting room. I can't even remember the source of the recipe that I finally tried-- I have several in my collection. If there are any leftover they can be frozen then nuked. I want to try that and see if the frozen ones are as good as fresh. The only thing they needed to be perfect was a little vanilla ice cream on the side! ;-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment