Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Despite it being a special occasion, I didn't make it to church today-- only 5 hours of sleep and soooo tired. Dragging, in fact. It took me forever to get my shower and to make the simple ingredients for our Cherry Trifle: yogurt sauce and sugar-glazed walnuts. Mom made the angel food cake, so I only had to cube it and assemble the trifle when I arrived at my parents' house.

Dad grilled steaks and potatoes for us, and Mom roasted the broccoli. She also prepared strawberries with dessert toppings: sour cream & brown sugar plus a chocolate sauce with a hint of orange and vanilla.

As always, we had a great time talking, laughing, and catching up with each other. My brother and sister-in-law are both quick-witted and tend to keep the three of us entertained with their humor and sense of the outrageous. Invariably, one of them says something funny just as my Mom or I take a sip of a beverage-- with predictable results!

It was a good day.

Toward the end of our gathering, I slipped away to take some more spring photos of plants in and around my parents' yard.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment