Thursday, January 28, 2010

Facebook

I resisted joining Facebook for a long time, not wanting to let it absorb what little free time I had. But all of a sudden it seemed to have reached a critical mass. I went into Kroger to do some grocery shopping, and their ads told me to follow them on Twitter and Facebook. I went to see my mom at her house, and she wanted to set up her laptop to show me pictures all of our California friends had posted of their children and grandchildren on Facebook.

I did finally sign up for Twitter because it seemed as though there might be a need for it at work. (Dear Reader had just incorporated some elements of it.)

Well, being temporarily out of a job, I decided the time had come; besides, the iPod apps for Facebook were enticing me too-- they're free.

On my first day of use, a friend assured me there would be days I'd regret my decision. He's probably right.

But today I just had a long direct message in my inbox on Facebook from someone I'd mostly lost contact with. I can't begin to say how glad it made me to hear from her. It's odd that I could miss someone so deeply without even realizing it, but I feel restored now. So, maybe Facebook is worth it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment