Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I was a SLUG yesterday...

I woke up at some ungodly hour-- 5 am something I guess. I played with my iPod a bit, but by 10am, I was a zombie-- staring into space, all thoughts seemingly suspended.

I know I'm not supposed to nap, but I did-- even knowing I might pay the price of insomnia again another night. It was either nap or spend the day as a zombie, so napping seemed the lesser of the evils.

The rest de-zombified me, but I still achieved nothing yesterday-- I didn't even get the dishes done. Ugh-- pile up. I actually kind of like doing dishes. I put on some music and sing my heart out. However, I hate when it takes 2 dishwasher loads to clear the sinks. Well, it's my own fault, so there's nothing to do but suck it up.

Amazingly, I not only slept through the next night but overslept, waking up this morning at 10am. YIKES!

I have got to END my two-day slug streak.


Image source:
blog.oregonlive.com/ kympokorny/large_slug.JPG
I realized that even though I can't always follow a 9-5 work schedule, my body appreciates some semblance of a schedule-- regular sleep and eating hours are good things for a balanced life. I need to make the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment