Thursday, January 28, 2010

Resume is updated!

As it turns out, it wasn't too difficult or time-consuming. One of my Master's assignments was to post a resume online. That was about two years ago, I guess. Luckily I had a vague memory of uploading it, so when I didn't see a copy on my laptop I was able to visit and download the online version, edit it a bit to get it current, and VOILA! I'm ready to job hunt-- or at least I'll be ready tomorrow morning.

Tonight my big plan is to watch Pride & Prejudice (with Greer Garson-- I'm a fan). If I can manage, I'll cook or bake something fitting for the occasion. "No, my dear, no, not turtle soup-- you mustn't expect turtle soup until after the engagement."



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Angel,
    It seems I need an update on your library status. You are not there!? Here's hoping you have fantastic luck with your job search. I am really enjoying your blog, don't take a job that won't give you enough time to live life, I want to see pictures of those tulips you planted when they bloom in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sadly, my employment was terminated due to excessive absences (employer's view) or health problems (my view). Regardless of cause, I am no longer at the library. :(

    (That won't keep me from using the library though; I've already been twice and checked out the migraine book you recommended. I still love the people too.)

    I certainly want a job that will let me live (teaching elementary school didn't), but in these tough times, I don't know what will be available. I won't settle for just anything; still, I'd be shocked if I got everything on my "dream job" list. Mostly, I want a position that will allow me to work around my health problems-- where productivity counts more than attendance figures; I know that I am conscientious and do good work. Now to persuade someone else to take the "risk" of hiring me.

    Thanks for the good wishes (and the blog compliments too)!

    ReplyDelete