Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fairly Quiet Day

I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday, but it wasn't long before dizziness and nausea set in again. I think the symptoms may be side effects from the antihistamine I'm taking (to reduce fluid buildup in my ear).

I got so drowsy I couldn't have kept my eyes open with toothpicks and took a 1 1/2 hour snooze. Looking up drug interactions, I think I'll try Claritin instead of Zyrtec because the latter may be interacting adversely with a medication prescribed to me for insomnia.

I purposely skipped church today, waiting until the weather and I are better.

Today's in-front-of-the-TV-project (when I was awake, at least): I unraveled a portion of my knitting, then knitted almost back to where I was to get rid of the big oopsie I made. There's still a minor boo-boo, but I think I can live with that-- I'll add a crochet edging if the mistake proves too glaring; I just can't face any more unravelling.

Besides, I'm hoping to finish the project shortly. That would be great because it's winter wear: a combination hood-scarf entitled Garter-Stitch Balaclava by Mary Jane Mucklestone. (PDF pattern available via Knitting Daily.) Mine is made of Knit Picks Swish Worsted Lawn-- a medium yellow-green 100% wool yarn that is machine-washable (will not felt). Tassels will be omitted, however; they're cheery but a little too Santa's-elfish for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment