Friday, January 29, 2010

Today's Breakfast

Yum! A lasso-- which I've also heard referred to as a lassi. Pakistani & Indian in origin. A smoothie made (in this case) of 1/2 a mango, 1 T. orange juice concentrate, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, 2 t. sugar, 1/4 t. ginger. Modified slightly from a beverage described in 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Gelles. (No, I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't believe meat is necessary at every meal either.) The verdict? Exotic, fresh, and lovely.


Image source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/purplelily_5706/2420587881/

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I feel sure you've got a good stash of books, games and movies just in case the weather forecasters get their wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed. It's so cold that I think they may be right this time.

    ReplyDelete