Friday, January 22, 2010

Viewed Lots of New Movies Lately...

First, Star Trek-- I'm definitely adding this one to my collection. The plot doesn't seem entirely logical, but it's a fun movie for fans of the series (which I am). Casting is good with most characters staying true to the "original" movies. Traditions are largely upheld.

Second, The Blind Side-- I went to see this one with my mom tonight, her pick. I was afraid it was going to be just another schmaltzy sports movie, but it was great-- way better than I expected. Makes me curious about the book too. Sandra Bullock does a convincing Southern accent (only a few minor slips where the vowels weren't quite right). The boy who plays S.J. (Jae Head) is going to be a force to reckon with-- he's one energetic kid!

Two movies to add to my Amazon wishlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment