Monday, February 1, 2010

Woke up before 5 am...

So I've already made Gingerbread Multigrain Pancakes. I usually mess up the first couple of pancakes until I get the skillet temperature correct. This morning I wasn't paying attention and used the "quick boil" burner so I ended up with a higher portion of overdone pancakes. When I finally figured out my error, I switched burners. Anyway, with the orange marmalade-maple syrup mixture (1:1) I will use on them, I suspect even the darker pancakes will taste just dandy, plus I did get some lovely golden ones. I'll remember about the burners next time too.

This morning's news on AOL: Haitian children possibly kidnapped by Christians who did not have government authority to remove children from the country and did not ascertain whether the children were in fact orphans. The grief and terror they brought those children and their parents and the misuse of Christ's name makes me heartsick and angry. I am also opposed to Voodoo as a misguided and vain religion, but who are these people to split up families and steal children? How could they think that their actions expressed the heart of God for others? Yuk! Clueless! I hope they'll let their hearts and their thinking be set straight, and I thank God that their deeds were discovered in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment