Thursday, February 4, 2010

Incidentally, I did do some job searching...

I made a list (for my own thinking) of what my health problems are, their symptoms, treatments, and what considerations I need from an employer, so that I don't end up fired again. Though survivable, being fired is not really an experience I'm eager to repeat.

I pruned my resume to make it more concise. I looked up tips for answering interview questions about why I left my last job. I made a list of all the employment agencies here in town and nearby that I want to inquire at via phone, Internet, or in person (hopefully tomorrow). I requested a check via Kentucky's unemployment site. I registered at one employment agency online. In doing that, I realized that I'm going to have to lookup education dates, employment addresses, and reference contacts from my files; I'm lousy at remembering that kind of info.

Of course, I need to search the Internet/newspapers for jobs as well-- the agencies won't have much to offer me since I'm not suited for most of the industrial and manufacturing positions that local businesses need staff for.

Well, prospects aren't thrilling, but the basics of my game plan are coming into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment