Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's 1pm... Do you know where your To Do list is?

The title is a parody of a commercial my family used to see on the Armed Forces Network (sole English TV channel) when we lived in West Germany. The commercial actually said, "It's 10pm. Do you know where your children are?" Sadly, I think there were parents who were clueless and needed to be reminded about good parenting via commercial.

Anyway, shortly after I got up this morning, I got a call from Lyrasis, reminding me that I'd signed up for a course for librarians about keeping up with popular culture. I hadn't forgotten that I had signed up, but since I was fired, I thought maybe someone else from the library should attend the class in my place-- I think the Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives pays the registration fees. However, since they phoned me, I opted to attend.

I've now finished the first day of the class and need to get on to other things such as showering and heading to the grocery store-- I'm out of fresh produce and dairy products among other goodies. Fortunately, there's no snow on my car, although I may slip and slide on my way out of the driveway. I also need to wrestle the garbage cans to the curb for tomorrow's pickup. The cans have wheels but with the snow...

I can't wait until this white blanket melts completely. Today's temperature should get high enough to take care of it, I'd think. If not, we're due for rain soon and that ought to finish it. Me, I'm longing for spring, spring, spring! I guess that's appropriate for Groundhog Day. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. The ground hog is wishing for spring as well, that's why he pops out of his home for a weather check.

    ReplyDelete