Sunday, February 21, 2010

"What's Happening?" "Good Times"

This afternoon I headed over to my parents' for "Thai chicken" which is our shorthand for rice noodles with spicy ginger peanut sauce and veggies (but we actually use ordinary pasta for the noodles). It's a Martha Stewart recipe my brother got from a friend and my mother adapted (and continues to adapt-- different tweaks all the time).

Image source:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-7ZhzF6zgTfJRcwtYHOB50lcz5VwEM9zAof3Li4AGd81vFmIOCTXVtMWSn-OMFrx8xbDrDS0b_2wQfTcEnU1H51TybkyjwF4rIvSpRi_4u-YQKWOZKWdMGcfTCgzuFIWOIzTBWklJvb8/s1600/ShreddedSaladPeanutSauce_500front.jpg

My sister-in-law initiated this gathering which was made possible by a change in my brother's work schedule. They finally get one day off in common so perhaps we'll get to see more of them this year. Hooray!

Among many other things (like the Olympics-- including curling!), we discussed my brother's art which will be part of a presentation at their church's gallery this coming Friday. The theme is worship with images drawn from Psalms and Proverbs. I'm looking forward to it and am happy for my brother. This has been a positive experience for him because he's had the chance to team with other Christian artists in working toward a common goal.

My brother also involved us in the project. Our task was to write names on scrolls he had assembled to represent the tears God's people have shed-- which He notes and remembers. We're never alone in our pain and struggles. Amen! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment