Monday, February 8, 2010

Parsley Contest

I planted curled and Italian parsley seeds indoors today. In Mel Bartholomew's All New Square Foot Gardening, he suggests that it is best to soak the seeds overnight prior to planting since parsley is slow to germinate. I'm not sure I see much difference between soaking the seeds and just watering them thoroughly after they are planted. So, I'm going to conduct a little experiment. Today I planted the dry seeds and tomorrow I'll plant some that have been soaked. We'll see which sprout first (allowing for the single day's difference, of course).

Image source:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferrous/1518939776/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love parsley and always have a plant or two designated as buffet for the caterpillars that will become butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have no objection to sharing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete