Monday, February 22, 2010

Insomnia Again

I should be asleep right now, but my brain is acting up. I keep thinking of some disturbing news that I heard today. Normally I would be able to pray for the people concerned and let it rest. But there are times when my brain just can't seem to stop obsessing-- it doesn't really matter what the situation is-- it can even be something positive; my brain just won't drop it. I picture myself giving the command to my brain as one would speak to an overly possessive dog, "Drop it!" Sadly, it's not effective.



Image source: 
http://www.alldogbreeds.net/thumbnail.php?file=236524501_7504f8c358_414598382.jpg&size=article_medium

To complicate matters, the wind is picking up which makes some part of my a/c unit clang-- like lifting and dropping a piece of metal repeatedly. I've examined the unit in the daylight but found nothing glaringly wrong. I don't know if that's how they all are or if something is wrong with this unit. Maybe I need a repair person. Maybe I just need some sort of windbreak in place. Currently, the wind has an uninterrupted path straight toward the unit. I do know that my white noise maker can't drown out that sound-- especially when my brain is bent on obsessing anyway.

The bottom line is I'm awake when I'd rather be asleep. I did take another half of a prescription sleeping pill as my doctor recommended. Maybe it will kick in soon. Meanwhile, I've escaped to the living room to distract myself from the noise and to keep from becoming irritable and frustrated-- emotions hardly conducive to peaceful slumber.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment