Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Jaunt to Nashville

Yesterday my parents and I headed down to Nashville to visit family friends, shop, and weather permitting, we'll explore Belle Meade Plantation as well.

As a side benefit, I got to do some knitting (finished 1/3 of the first of a pair of socks) while watching the Olympics on TV.

I saw the Chinese win gold and silver in pairs figure skating, American Seth Wescott win his second gold medal in snowboard cross, and Alexandre Bilodeau receive Canada's first gold medal on home soil. It was great, and I stayed up later than I should have to watch (then woke up excessively early this morning).

It's tough not to get migraines when traveling because of the many stressors that are an inherent part of the process. I had to take Midrin again before dinner last night but thankfully stayed well. Great dinner at Macaroni Grill.

Image source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BelleMeadePlantation.JPG

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Angel! Glad you're getting to watch the Olympics on TV. Since my accident, I've watched hockey and curling during the day. Curling is an interesting mystery. I'm following your blog now, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a good description of curling! ;-) I watched a tiny piece of it, but really couldn't figure it out-- sort of billiards and shuffleboard??? The way they shout cues and encouragement to each other also cracked me up, because in my ignorance I couldn't see what they were so excited about.

    ReplyDelete