Thursday, February 18, 2010

More Health Books

A family friend recently went on a gluten-free diet and found that she feels MUCH better. I certainly couldn't have deduced that answer for her, but since she's identified the treatment, all her symptoms suddenly make sense.

Even before I heard her news, I had begun to wonder if a food intolerance might explain my allergies. It seems so odd to me that symptoms are flaring in winter when I'm mostly indoors-- I mean, all of a sudden I'm allergic to dust??? Mold in this brand new house??? Weird.

I know allergies can develop at any time of life, but it still seems bizarre. And I did just change my diet in an attempt to lose weight. Maybe I'm unknowingly eating more of an unidentified allergen and aggravating my system.

Today I checked out The G-Free Diet and Allergy-Free Cookbook. I am considering some changes. I wonder about gluten, but dairy products and/or nuts could also be culprits.

No comments:

Post a Comment