Tuesday, February 23, 2010

iPod apps are great!

I tried out a new one today-- Martha's Everyday Food. For the past several years, I've subscribed to the Everyday Food magazine, and this app indexes and includes most of the recipes. With the push of a button, I can now save copies of the recipes I've tried and approved or ones that I'd like to try but didn't get to yet. The app will also make grocery shopping lists for me based on recipes I select-- for 99 cents, I can carry a whole set of magazines in my purse. That means the next time I'm at Whole Foods, it will be easier to remember to buy fennel or a bunch of watercress and to know what I want to do with the ingredients once I get them home! ;-)

The recipe pictured below is one I've tried and liked-- in addition to the scrumptious visible components, the dish also contains roasted garlic, toasted walnuts, and a squeeze of lemon juice. It tastes like summer, but fortunately the ingredients are readily available even through winter. Plus, folks who do not have an iPod can access the recipe at Martha Stewart's website by clicking on the recipe title.
Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment