Friday, February 26, 2010

Recipe & Tonight's Plans

My mom sent my dad over to my place with some leftovers-- beef roast in gravy with mashed potatoes on the side. I love gravy, but seldom make it.

She sent 3 meal-sized portions at least! So I ate one helping for dinner as is, but the next day I morphed a portion into Shepherd's Pie for lunch (Leann Ely's recipe from Saving Dinner for the Holidays). Yum! I definitely want to remember that strategy-- sauté some chopped onion and carrot, add the beef and gravy, seasoning with crushed rosemary, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour the mixture into a baking dish and top with the mashed potatoes. Bake until warm. Delicious!

As for today, I'm going to apply for more jobs, sending out my resume repeatedly. (And also eat that last portion of beef and gravy for dinner.)

Then tonight, my parents and I are going to see my brother's art displayed in his church's gallery. We won't stay long-- my parents have B&B guests-- but of course we have to be there; my brother has talked of nothing else for weeks! ;-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment