Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Olympics Soon!!!

I LOVE watching the Olympics-- winter or summer, just about any event. My favorites are the figure skating, snowboarding, slalom, and in the summer, gymnastics. All of this is really funny, because I am NOT a sports fan. But the Olympics are special-- the suspense, the patriotism, the heartbreaking and triumphant stories!!! LOVE IT.

I don't have cable TV so in previous years a friend at the library kindly videotaped events for me. But this time, I don't have a VCR to watch recordings-- just a DVD player. Well, it finally occured to me that with YouTube and all those "modern" developments, some company would probably have the rights to show Olympic footage over the Internet. I was even prepared to pay something despite my unemployed status-- after all, the Olympics only happens every two years.

As it turns out, there's a free Olympics app, and it's SO cool!!! Right now as athletes are making their way to Vancouver and settling in, they are posting messages to a Twitter-like function within the app. There's lots of info on the events, the teams, etc.-- and all beautifully organized and presented. I can hardly wait for it to begin!!!

Image source:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeinvan/106045758/
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment