Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birds

I seem to think about birds a lot. Even when I was very young, my mom recorded some words of mine in my baby book: "Hear the birds sing?"

There's a song by Jon Foreman of Switchfoot with these lyrics: "I look out the window / The birds are composing / Not a note is out of tune or out of place..." Of course, if one considers the raucous sounds of crows and seagulls, that poetic sentiment might be debatable. Still, I believe that creation points to and reflects the glory of God. I too want to join in His daily praise, magnifying Him for all He is and has done and what is yet to come. He deserves worship.

"From the rising of the sun
until the time that it goes down,
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord."
(Song lyrics inspired by Psalm 113:3)

Image source
As edited by wallpaper app Backgrounds:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/tambako/2632386248/

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, I found you at Weedy Acres Home and I am so glad to visit. I love your new house and am so happy for you. I am so pleased to find folks close to home. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete