Thursday, March 11, 2010

Family Stories

After this morning's resolution, I did try to get some things done. I was able to check off all but 1.5 of the important things on my list before the evening meal (including the task of sprucing up the bathroom). I'll roll the unfinished items over to tomorrow's list.

With the aid of another Martha Stewart recipe, I improvised dinner to use up one remaining pork chop-- at least three adaptations were needed since this was an impromptu meal that I hadn't shopped for. The result was quite edible though-- braised red cabbage and slices of yellow-fleshed red potatoes with a seared then braised pork chop. A one-pot meal but the cooking did take some time. Luckily, I started early-ish.

But today's best activity has been reading three family stories that Ree Drummond shared about her brother Mike on her blog, The Pioneer Woman. She posted them one at a time which built up the anticipation. The first is probably my favorite and is called The Oyster Incident. I do love her writing! ;-)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment