Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bunching Onions Are Coming Up!

I'll be glad when they are ready to harvest.

It irks me to pay $1.50 for a bag of scallions at Wal-Mart (and then use only a few of them), but I think regular onions are too strong to substitute-- and I certainly would't want to omit them from my meals; they're pretty and tasty.

(Because Kroger sells smaller bunches with less packaging, green onions are one item where they have Wal-Mart's price beat; but most of the time, it would be a waste for me to make a trip to two stores. Besides, if I walk in Kroger's door, I'm all too likely to buy more than scallions!)

Best solution? Open the back door of my house and pluck what's needed from the garden! ;-)

They should be ready for use around June 1st.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment