Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daffodils

Today I finally got my daffodil bulbs planted. Supposedly there were 15 in the bag. I planted most in the side yard by the persimmon tree so that I can look out at them when I'm washing dishes (until I cut the flowers and bring them indoors anyway); the other five bulbs I planted near the rock in the front yard (which is under a tree too).

Image source:
www.doorcountyvacations.com/ enews/images/King...

I bought more packets of seeds: a wildflower mixture for shade and Lemon Drop marigolds. I've never been especially fond of marigolds-- I think of them as gas station flowers. But the package's picture and description seemed appealing-- "double blossoms in a unique shade of soft lemon-yellow." I'll give them a try.

Since the weather's supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow, I'd like to fill some more containers with potting soil to germinate additional herbs indoors: basil, chives, and thyme. Also, I'd like to repot some houseplants: a parlor palm, some ivy, and one I bought at Lowe's called Song of India which I've never noticed before.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment