Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dinner Divine

Tonight's evening meal tasted better than any cheese fondue I've tried, and with nutritious vegetables incorporated, it's a definite keeper!

Portobello, Broccoli, and Red-Pepper Melts. Umm-umm good (to steal a soup slogan).

The recipe is from Everyday Food and is available on Martha Stewart's website. A garlic-mayo is spread on thick-sliced country bread, topped with broiled veggies and Gouda, then popped into the oven until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.

I broiled extra veggies, so guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow! Can hardly wait.


Prior to fixing my dinner, I took a fifteen-minute walk. It wasn't a power walk, just an ordinary stroll to enjoy the day and introduce myself to exercise. The terrain was almost entirely flat, but the two (very) slight inclines had my breathing picking up. I also suspect that I'll feel the exertion in my muscles tomorrow.

Bottom line? "You might be out of shape if... a fifteen-minute amble kicks your butt."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment